Editor: The Pentecostal Educator, the journal for the World Alliance for Pentecostal Theological Education (WAPTE)
February 1, 2020
General Statement of Duties
Reporting to the Executive Director and to the Board of the World Alliance for Pentecostal Theological Education (WAPTE), the Editor for The Pentecostal Educator has the unique role of setting the direction of a journal accessed by scholars and educators worldwide. The successful candidate will be a thought-leader in the area of Pentecostal theological education and will have the opportunity to network and collaborate with Pentecostal scholars and educators around the globe. She or he must have a passion to offer scholarly and yet practical help to Pentecostal institutions of higher education across cultural boundaries.
- In consultation with the Executive Director of WAPTE, set the direction and purpose of an annual publication of The Pentecostal Educator.
- Build a collaborative relationship with editors from existing regional academic journals from within the constituency of WAPTE to highlight existing work in each annual publication of The Pentecostal Educator.
- Seek additional contributions for original work to be published in each annual publication of The Pentecostal Educator.
- Select high caliber submissions for publication in each annual publication of The Pentecostal Educator.
- Publish, promote, and distribute The Pentecostal Editor across WAPTE’s global constituency.
- Build relationships with WAPTE’s global constituency to assure that The Pentecostal Educator meets the needs of those for whom it is intended.
- Provide an annual report to the WAPTE Board for review.
- Terminal research degree (ABD considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Experience in Pentecostal theological higher education
- Demonstrated research/writing ability as indicated on the applicant’s CV and through the submission of a writing sample
The Editor for The Pentecostal Educator will qualify for an annual stipend upon the publication of each edition. The amount of this stipend will be determined by the WAPTE Board and will be determined based on the Editor’s experience and qualifications.
The Editor will also be considered a non-voting member of the WAPTE Board and invited to attend annual WAPTE Board meetings.
Applications will be reviewed at the WAPTE Board meeting at the beginning of February 2020 to determine the most qualified applicant.
Please submit the application below including the following in PDF format:
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Writing Sample
About The World Alliance For Pentecostal Education
The World Alliance for Pentecostal Theological Education (WAPTE) is a global cooperative fellowship of Pentecostal/Charismatic theological associations, denominational offices, and missions agencies affiliated with a member body of the Pentecostal World Fellowship (PWF) that provide educational services to theological and/or ministry training schools. It exists to assist and encourage these organizations in their endeavor to promote the development of Pentecostal theological education and leadership training. WAPTE is affiliated with the Pentecostal World Fellowship and its member bodies.